Bentonite— sizing up storage options
Storing bentonite is a weighty matter. Insufficient foundations can fail under such high density, and moisture destroys product quality. Counter these concerns by choosing a dome for bulk storage:
- Superior moisture protection: The custom PVC airform covering the dome prevents exposure to moisture. The dome’s insulated nature also prevents heating and cooling of the walls and air inside, thus preventing condensation on the walls and protecting the integrity of the product.
- Firm foundations: Bentonite’s low angle of repose is countered by a customized foundation system to support it. Based on geotechnical analysis and an understanding of your product, our team provides novel foundation options in addition to driving piles, often minimizing or eliminating the need for a deep foundation.
- More storage, smaller footprint: Warehouses and flat-storage structures can only be built so tall before their strength is compromised; with domes, customers can store more product in a smaller footprint, stacking it deeper and taking up less valuable property at the site. While some businesses require three to five buildings for flat storage, one dome will likely accommodate the same amount of material in one structure. The double curvature of a dome lends itself to strength and the ability to build up, rather than out. For heavy products like bentonite, a dome always beats flat storage and traditional silos because of the strength of the dome structure itself.
- Reduced packing: The dome’s double curvature reduces condensation and eliminates moisture than exacerbates this issue.
- Material-handling solutions: How fast you move your product translates to how fast your company makes money. Let our team boost your speed. In addition to dome construction, we specialize in handling systems—not just those moving product within the structure, but loading and reclaim systems too.