Cement storage—sizing up options
Selecting cement storage is a weighty matter. Insufficient foundations can fail under cement’s high density. Moisture destroys product quality. Poor handling can result in compromised or unusable cement. Counter these concerns by choosing a dome for bulk storage:
- More storage, smaller footprint: Cement is heavier than many stored materials, and for customers hoping to store 10,000 tons or more, domes beat silos, space- and moneywise. Warehouses and flat-storage structures can only be built so tall before their strength is compromised; with domes, customers can store more product in a smaller footprint, stacking it deeper and taking up less valuable property at the site. While some businesses require three to five buildings for flat storage, one dome will likely accommodate the same amount of material in one structure. The double curvature of a dome lends itself to strength and the ability to build up, rather than out.
- Firm foundations: No matter how heavy your load, Dome Technology can customize a foundation system to support it. Based on geotechnical analysis and an understanding of your product, our team provides novel foundation options in addition to driving piles, even minimizing or eliminating the need for a deep foundation.
- Waterproof membrane and insulation: Our domes are completely waterproof, and the dome’s insulated nature also prevents heating and cooling of the walls and air inside, thus preventing condensation from forming and protecting the integrity of the product.
- Material-handling solutions: How fast you move your product translates into how fast your company makes money. Let our team boost your speed. In addition to dome construction, we specialize in and have pioneered cost-competitive handling systems—not just those moving product within the structure, but loading and reclaim systems too.
- Experience matters: Dome has more experience providing cement storage than any other builder in the United States. Contact our sales team to see what we can do for you.