Dear Mr. McHugh,
Thank you for the opportunity to provide a budgetary proposal for one (1) 50,000 metric ton clinker dome located in NY. Below you will find the details of the project. This is a high level budget and will be refined once we have more information. In order to give you a +/-10% we will need the following:
- Exact location
- Starting date
- Commissioning date
- Soils report
- Apex load on dome from the conveyor, head house, dust collector, wind, etc.
- Density of clinker for volume and structural design (typical 95 pcf for volume, 100 for structural which is being used for this budget)
- Angle of repose (typical 35 degrees which is being used for this budget)
- Apex loads
- Detailed definition of DT’s scope
This proposal includes estimate quantity of rebar and concrete for the ring beam footing for Carver to construct. DT will design and construct the dome shell, and curbs/piers on dome apex.
At this point we do not know if deep foundations are required. Deep foundations if required will be in your scope.
Once you have reviewed our proposal please let me know a good time to call and clarify any questions you may have.
Thank you again for this opportunity.
|Angle of Repose||35 degrees|
|Density||95 lb/cuft volume
100 lb/cuft structural
|Storage Capacity||50,000 mt|
|Apex Load||500 kips|
Scope of Work
50,000 mt - 150' Diameter x 108' Tall (OD)
|Structural Components provided by Dome Technology||- Ring footing (DT design - Carver construct)
- Dome shell
- Access opening in shell for front end loader to access dome - 16' w x 14' tall
- Curbs/piers on dome apex
|Structrual Components provided by Carver Co.||- Carver construct ring beam footing (85 cy yards of concrete and 16,000 lbs rebar)
- Concrete floor if required (typically clinker domes do not have a concrete floor.
- Extended entry attached to dome (typical outside dimensions are 21'w x 16' tall x 24')long) Carver will determine actual size.